Friday, June 3, 2011

Phish and Memorial Day

Phish played three sold out shows at Bethel Woods this weekend, and it really went off without a hitch. I think no one was really sure what to expect. There were whispers that it would be the second coming of Woodstock and our roads would be choked with traffic, and all our fields would be crammed with music (and chemically) induced revelers. My weekend bookings took me right by Bethel Woods on Fri. and Sat. and both times I made it through with little difficulty. Feedback from people that I know that went to the concert was all very positive. I'm not a fan of Phish, and I don't really understand the draw, but seeing all the places along 17B open and busy was great to see. It is good for our county, and I think on this one they got it done right. Bethel Woods is a great draw, and has been a bright spot in a community that has had its share of disappointments

Memorial Day has always been one of my favorite holidays. It just feels like summer now, and the way the phone has been ringing means that buyers are out there looking for that place to escape to for the summer. Once again I have a full weekend docket.

Sold listings:

There were 6 listings sold in Sullivan County this week. Actually one is in Delaware County, however it is significant enough (829K) that I included it.

Sullivan County Sold
Greater Hudson Valley Sold

My "pick" of the week is a 130 acre piece in Lumberland on Kalin Webber Road. It is vacant land. It has been on the market for over three years. Original price? 995K. They have dropped it too 430K, and who knows where it will end up, and when it will sell. Is it now priced where someone might jump? Hard to tell, but half a million off your original asking price is pretty hefty. Just another example of the champagne wishes and caviar dreams that fueled the bubble, and are now starting to fizzle away.

Lumberland vacant land

1 comment:

  1. Love the Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous reference.

    ReplyDelete