Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Interesting Article on Gas Drilling

Steve McConnel wrote an interesting article on gas drilling in Wayne County. I included the link below.

I think the most interesting thing (besides the obvious lack of permits coming in) is the fact that Stone Energy Corp. spends well over a million dollars in leases, brings in all the equipment and man power to drill, yet fails to apply for a permit from the DRBC to drill. I would love to have heard the conversation with the guilty party when the head honchos at that company found out that the drilling had been stopped. That's a pretty big oops.

I guess we will wait and see what happens. Has the bad economy and cheaper gas prices really squelched the Sullivan County natural gas rush? I for one hope so.


http://www.wayneindependent.com/news/x1959833495/Permitting-agencies-not-flooded-with-gas-well-requests

No comments:

Post a Comment