Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Haven't posted in awhile, because I've been busy.

It has been a week since my last blog post, which I suppose would make the real estate "experts" purse their lips and shake their heads in disapproval, but I have a good excuse. I've been busy.

Real estate busy. I was double booked all weekend, and had listing appointments the last two days. Two of my showings turned into offers, one has been accepted, and the other...fingers crossed...looks like it will be accepted as well.

Now they aren't Chapin lakefronts that I sold. One is a $130,000 house, the other is a $90,000 piece of land, (which puts me squarely in the new Sullivian median) but to borrow a phrase from the youth of America, I am still stoked.

February numbers will be out soon, and I think they will be as putrid as we have seen. Volume of closed homes in Feb. will be very low. I think that we are finally seeing post Lehman numbers, and the landscape, even to the most optimistic looks bleak. But as we all know, there is a lag between getting an accepted offer, and the closing, when the sale shows up on the stat sheet. So the bleakness we are seeing is really from the frozen deer in the headlights period at the end of '08 where people did nothing for a few months.

But for now, I have inspections to go to, people to call back, and listings to upload. Busy feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment