Thursday, June 11, 2009

Really?

I stayed up to watch Saturday Night Live last week. Something I haven’t done in a while. SNL really isn’t what it was back in the day, but I digress.

Anyway they have the segment …“Really?” during the weekend update. I found myself saying that a lot this week, as I encountered the relative insanity in my profession, and surroundings.

Like the fact that a stove needs to be sitting in a kitchen of a brand new construction. It doesn’t need to be hooked up, just be there for the appraiser to see. Fridge? Not necessary. Just a stove. Or else it doesn’t appraise. A $300,000 home missing a $200 non-working stove. The bank will not loan on it Really…

Or the fact that our state can manage a hostile takeover, and shut the doors for two days, and yet fixing a pothole is too big an undertaking. Are these guys still getting paid while the doors are locked? Of course they are. I know this partisan crap has been around forever, but really? Is this the way grown ups in “power” act? Really? And we have people who still believe that gambling will come to our county. These people can’t get out of their own way. (And that is not a blind knock on the governor. We know he is sensitive.) Really.

How about the co-broke showing I went on, where the owner told me “realtors aren’t worth an eff.” Really. Nice to meet you too. I think you need a Prozac and a nap. Oh and by the way, the reason your house isn’t selling is not because agents are not worth and eff, its because it smells like dog pee, and it only has one bathroom. Really.

I had two closings this week. Really. First time in my career. One was a house that I listed. The owner is the sweetest eighty year old women you ever want to meet. She is moving to Florida to be close to her daughter. She had lived in the house since it was built in 1951. We had some attorney issues, survey issues, and appraisal issues. (Like any deal there is always something). She stuck through it all like a trooper. She flew off to Florida this morning, and left me a card with a fifty dollar gift certificate to Red Lobster, and a note saying I am the best real estate agent ever. That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Almost more than the commission check… Really..

No comments:

Post a Comment