Thursday, November 5, 2009

Slow Business Unless Your a Bank Robber

I racked my brain this morning to come up with a real estate topic for this blog post, but the reality is, things for me have been quiet. I field daily inquiries, and have shown on the weekends, but everybody seems to be casual lookers right now. I don’t know, maybe it is the time of year, or maybe it is just happens to be the people who are contacting me. There hasn’t been a whole lot of activity on the pending or sold sections of the mls, so I think things in general are quiet.

The $8,000 tax credit did get extended which I think is good news, at least for the economy in general, I think it has minimal effect on second home purchases here in SC.

On the exciting news front we did have two bank robberies here in Callicoon within five days of each other, which is unusual to say the least. The first, on the Bank of America, the robbers were quickly apprehended, but so far the second bunch on the Bank of Jeffersonville remain at large. I’m sure the second was a “we coulda done better conversation” that built into the actual crime.

All the papers wrote that the first bank heist was in excess of 75K which I think is irresponsible to print. It surprised me that one would get that much from a teller hold-up in the sticks, and I think it got the second crew thinking. They should have told everyone they only made off with like $5,000. Probably would have prevented this second robbery.

Anyway just my two cents. Starting to get a response from my concierge business. www.catskillconcierge.com I have two interviews this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment