Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Bald Eagle Nest in Narrowsburg

On Sunday my wife and I ate at the Main Street Cafe in Narrowsburg, one of our favorite spots. If you haven't gone, I really recommend it. Anyway, when we were leaving, we stopped for a minute at the observation deck next door that looks out onto Narrowsburg Eddy. I spotted a bald eagle way off in the pines across the eddy. Of course I didn't have my camera, so I couldn't take a picture, but through that binocular thingy that they have set up there, you could see there was actually two.





Well I went back this morning, and I managed to get this picture. I believe they are making a nest. The tree they are building it in is the big pine straight across from the observation deck. It is really too far to take a good picture, but I drove down a little closer and managed this shot. I believe it is the male.



Next time you are in Narrowsburg, check it out. Through the binoculars you get a pretty good look, and they really are spectacular creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment